A unique and culturally enriching experience for New Zealand and Chinese student delegates has just been held in Christchurch New Zealand
Watch the 2019 video
Winners of the Sister Cities New Zealand award for best youth event in 2018 (Qingdao) and recognised as an official youth event for the 2019 China New Zealand Year of Tourism
2019 Youth Leadership Summit
Christchurch city was the 2019 host for the Summit with senior high school student delegates in residence at the beautiful St Andrew’s College in the heart of the city. Special topic days in Dunedin were hosted by Taieri College.
An exciting cultural immersion experience for New Zealand students
We need a new generation of global citizens, leaders and entrepreneurs with the skills and capacity to take on the challenge of bridging cultural differences
- Do you see yourself as one of the next generation of global leaders and citizens?
- Can we lead together through cross-cultural harmony, respect and understanding?
- Are you prepared for the opportunities that exist between China and New Zealand?
- What are the global issues of the 21st century and how will you face these together?
- Are you keen to pursue a career in international leadership, business and engagement, foreign relations and diplomacy?
The 2020 summit will be held in China. Application procedures will be available in late November 2019 for students wishing to join the New Zealand delegation.
“This programme was the most incredible, life-changing experience I have had in my 17 years of life so far. The bond and connections that i have formed with people from around the world have been amazing, and there were so many life long messages that I was able to take away from this summit. Anyone who is interested in helping to lead the global changes of the future – this summit is for you.”
Hayley O’Connell, Taieri College. Dunedin.