This flagship program reflects the beauty, wonder and adventure of the youngest country on earth. An experience of a lifetime.
Commences 14 June 2019
This is an open entry 12 day (in-country) educational and adventure study tour in the South Island of New Zealand. Can be followed with optional voluntary service project commencing 24 June.
This program is available for faculty led initiatives all year.
Itinerary and program
The program will commence in Auckland New Zealand, travel to the South Island where it will finish in the ski resort of Queenstown. Full itinerary is published in November 2018.
Open to all enrolled college and university students. Age 18 to 26. References required.
In this study tour you explore and experience our environmental wonders of the youngest country on earth.
Key topics and features: cultural and sustainable tourism, environmental conservation, world heritage conservation sites and projects, culture and heritage, tourism attractions (ecotourism, adventure and film locations).
Some of the highlights:
- Vibrant city of Auckland and trip to the beautiful Bay of Islands
- Environmental Conservation in Action – visits to wildlife conservation sites
- Walk the famous Franz Joseph glacier
- TranzAlpine train across the Southern Alps
- Christchurch to study the earthquakes recovery program and sustainable solutions including the cardboard Cathedral
- International Antarctic Centre
- Skiing and/or snowboarding in the Southern Alps of the South island
Service learning project
This is optional. You can choose to stay longer and complete a voluntary service project. They are primarily in environmental fields.
A Resume is required to support your application and acceptance cannot be guaranteed. All placements are unpaid and commence with a one day seminar about volunteering and work place protocols and standards.