New Zealand’s regions enjoy a wide range of international relationships, projects and agreements to meet the economic, education and tourism growth and development needs of their province.
International relations through global engagement is important to New Zealand. it is particularly important to the regions and provinces throughout the country. The Mayor of each region is keen to foster strong international relationships.
These regions are keen to engage with international partners for the purpose of
- developing twinning, articulation or study pathway partnerships
- engaging in student and staff exchange programs
- exploring sister school relationships
- exploring economic development projects for primary and secondary industry purposes
- developing sister city and sister friendship relationships
- sharing cross cultural engagement experiences through joint summits and forums
- hosting delegations for global understanding and economic benefit
- encouraging tourism, education and economic dialogue, growth and development
Each region hosts a local (provincial) government development office and education representatives. Please contact us for further details.